From: owner-strawbale@eyfa... [mailto:owner-strawbale@eyfa...]On Behalf Of chug
Sent: zaterdag 21 juli 2001 12:29
To: strawbale-l@eyfa...
Subject: [strawbale] tie-downs

Greetings baleheads,
                              I am trying to finalise my roof beam tie down details but I am against the idea of using metal wires or non degradable plastics as my conscience only allows me to build using materials that will "return to the Earth" if  the building were abandoned.
I know metal and plastic tie downs will eventually rot but they also are quite expensive in terms of energy to manufacture and to buy, I am trying to use as much recycled materials as possible.
If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
Regards Chug