RE: [strawbale] introduction

Dear straw-balers,

The straw-bale virus hit me in October '95 during a workshop of David
Eisenberg in Findhorn, Scotland. Since then I am often accused of spreading
this virus vehemently through workshops, lectures, coaching, networking and
building projects in different European countries together with
collegue-friends.

Still I feel a lot of fascination on the opportunities for straw-bale
constructions cq the use of straw as building material. Grassroots
experiments and the professionel building practise can offer fresh insights
for a larger environmentally friendly impact. I am presently puzzled by this
issue.

The first week of September Jan Steenks and myself are building a following
construction for an exposition on sustainable building techniques for the
FLORIADE 2002 near Amsterdam. 2 students (Martin and Andreas) from Potsdam
so far signed up for this event. 2 more volunteers are welcomed on short
terms.

Hope to see you during one of the inter/national events,

Martin Oehlmann
Sportlaan 336
2566 LN DEN HAAG
The Netherlands