[Strawbale] best position for moisture sensors in bale walls

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Wed Mar 26 08:20:46 CET 2014

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 20:02:08 -0400, Dave Howorth <dave at howorth.org.uk>
wrote:

> I remember reading a paper where somebody had installed sensors both at
> the inside and outside of a bale wall, and both at the top and the
> bottom of the wall. Then they monitored it for a year or more.

Dave;

I suspect that the paper to which you refer is one compiled by Rob Jolly
 from Northern Alberta Canada, as part of a series of studies under the
auspices of Canada Mortgage & Housing Corp (CMHC) Research back in the
1990s.

I thought that I had put it up at the SB-r-Us site but in checking just
now, it appears that I just put up a PDF of the instructions for
fabricating a simpler version of the CMHC-style wood block moisture
sensors that Rob had developed for his study project.
See the "Moisture" folder in the "Files" section.

All I have is a hard copy version of Rob's report... IIRC about 20-or-so
(possibly more) but it should be available in a digital version from the
CMHC.gc website. If not digital, they will certainly send out a hard copy.
It's a bit late (early morning) for me to be writing up a discussion about
the topic right now ... maybe manana, if nobody else does.
--
=== * ===
Rob Tom					AOD257

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")