[Strawbale] certification of straw bales

Sebastien Hubert sebastien.hubert at mc2000.be
Mon Mar 4 20:32:17 CET 2013

Hello Herbert,

Here is an answer for belgium :

1.  We are allowed to build one family houses with normal uncertified
straw bales.  Altough in the future it will be more difficult because
the insulating standards are getting better and better.

2.  I don't know the status for public buildings...

3.  It is also possible to insulate existing buildings with uncertified
bales.  The insulating standards for existing houses are lower than
those for new houses.

Hope this can help you.

Cheers

Sebastien Hubert