[Strawbale] earth emission

Oliver Heizmann Oli.Heizmann at gmx.de
Thu Jun 21 14:13:21 CEST 2012

Hello,

i also read the artikle in "spiegel-online" and followed the diskussion.
and also i was asked by many people about the matter. so i see the problem, that this story walks the circuit.

they talk about thorum, a doughter-product of thorium. thoron is a radioactive isotop of radon.
for all german speakers here is the link:

http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/technik/lehm-oeko-material-erhoeht-radioaktivitaet-in-haeusern-a-828031.html

For me the question is, if this study is really science-based and proven...
Is it reliable to gather the health risk of earthern plasters from two (!) hous-examples, one in bavaria and one in china?

who paid this study and the jounalists?

Might it be as always? people first smile at the alternatives, then fight them and in the end always had known about it...

Might it be that the little niche "at the periphery of the whole building scene" has reached step 2 in the cognition of some interests?

i´m sceptical because of the lurid style the article is written...
putting all the members of anti-atom-movement into unhealthy earth-houses...

however, in our responsibility we should take all concerns about health risk serious.

best wishes
oliver

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

--
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
Oliver Heizmann
Dipl-Ing. (FH) Fachbereich
Architektur & Stadtplanung
Hub 3
D-77784 Oberharmersbach

Telefon:
0049 (0)7837-9220700

Mobil:
0049 (0)176-64089856

Nachhaltig zukunftsfähige Lebenskonzepte
www.casa-tatu.org

Ein Wirtschaftsmodell mit Zukunft
www.gemeinwohl-oekonomie.org

Die GLS Bank ist die erste sozial-ökologische Universalbank der Welt
www.gls.de