[Strawbale] Hand operated baler

Max Vittrup Jensen max at permalot...
Tue Mar 22 11:10:13 CET 2011

Hiya,

Duncan's links are good if you're going for the slick commercial hand
baler; very neat!

I recently found out I can surf russian sites with 'Google translate',
and found a thread on hand operated baler on the Russian SB list:
http://straw.z42.ru/node/497
It includes these images of a hand build bale press out of wood:

http://straw.z42.ru/sites/default/files/PICT0017_0.JPG
http://straw.z42.ru/sites/default/files/PICT0018_0.JPG
http://straw.z42.ru/sites/default/files/PICT0019.JPG
http://straw.z42.ru/sites/default/files/PICT0020.JPG

There's also a link to a 40 mb detailed Google sketch-up plan of how to build one: http://sketchup.google.com/download/gsu.html
...as well as youtube links etc.

All of them work on different horizontal concept than the one which paksbab use in Pakistan; it's vertical and uses a hi-lift to apply the pressure, rather than simply leverage as in the Russian and Duncan's links.  Have a look at it here: http://www.paksbab.org/gallery/ (towards the end)

Cheers,
Max

--

  Ing. Max Vittrup Jensen