[Strawbale] Car sharing and tours ESBG 2011

ESBG 11 esbgteam at gmail...
Wed Jul 13 10:22:55 CEST 2011

 Dear ESBG participants,

the ESBG 2011 is approaching and it is time to start to think how to get
there. My name is Lea and I will be helping you to co-ordinate car
sharing to this event as well as organizing tours around the SB homes.

Firstly, I would like to kindly remind you to choose one of the optional
tours on 23.8.2011. Buses are booked until the end of July and if there will
be not enough participants, I will have to CANCEL the tours. At the moment,
there are 4 participants for each tour.
You can subscribe for the tour via the survey
here<https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&authkey=CNLm17cD&formkey=dGVhOER0S1d0MlRsUVV1R1BJT1NjdFE6MQ#gid=0>.

The tours:
Option 1: Slovakia. Visit the load-bearing strawbale dome and vaults,
covered by green roof designed by Doc. Gernot Minke and built as an
educational centre for Artur o.z. The tour stops at a typical Slovak
restaurant for lunch (included), and may stop by the Bratislava airport to
pick up other participants. Price: 26 Euro

Option 2: Visit four very different Czech approaches to Straw Bale building:

>From a circular family house to a 'boxy' passive house, to a house
made with a minimum of non-processed materials in a modern eco subdivision.
The tour includes lunch stop at a typical Czech restaurant. Price: 17 Euro.

Secondly, I would like to encourage you to share cars/vans while coming to
ESBG. It not only makes sense for finances and environment, it also makes
for a social networking trip, perhaps staying over night in SB houses on the
way and will help save parking space here. Ideally, if there will be bigger
group of people coming from the same direction, it will be possible for you
to rent a bus together. We have found this online car share program which
will greatly help the process of joining drivers with riders.
Those of you whom are coming with cars or vans, please write your name and
contact details next to the driver 1, driver 2 etc.. People looking for a
ride or willing to join the bus can write their names next to the seats. I
will grant you the access to this document from esbg account. You will
receive separate email with your access. If you cannot access it, please let
me know.

How to get here:
It's all described here:  http://permalot.org/en/how-to-get-here . In case
you still have any questions about how to get to Permalot or how to find a
connection from the airport please do not hesitate to contact me on
esbgteam at gmail.... Please simply reply to this mail to keep this email
subject title.
I wish you nice summer and hope to see you all in Permalot.

Lea
Car sharing and tours co-ordinator for ESBG 2011