[Strawbale] Green roofs on strawbale buildings

zac solomons zac.solomons at gmail...
Wed Sep 15 04:02:20 CEST 2010

Thanks for your replies Carol and Nigel and also Rikki.

I ordered that ebook Carol and it looks good so thanks for that. Was sorry
to hear about your experiences in Teruel Nigel, and to be honest this did
scare me a bit since it sounds like my worst nightmare. Still what Rikki
said was somewhat reassuring. It sounds like it would be good to
pre-compress the bale walls with strapping over the wall plate before
putting a green roof on. Do you guys think this would solve the problem?-
bales would be compressed and level prior to any extra load being added. Or
maybe i should stick to lighter roofs until i have more experience? The
building i am considering will only be 4metres by 3metres.