[Strawbale] Post and Beam

asbn asbn at baubiologie...
Mon Sep 13 15:31:41 CEST 2010

Dear Jure, Michel and all other non-loadberaing builders

In my workshops I have listed 7 (8) different non-loadbearing-systems, which
are used in Austria and ­ as far as I know ­ in Europe:

1) exterior strawbale-wall with direct plaster on the outside, construction
inside
typical example:
http://www.baubiologie.at/europe/austria/austria.html?id=280

2) system S-house, which is nearly 1) but with big bales on the outside and
a ventilated wooden facade, fixed with special screws
http://www.baubiologie.at/europe/austria/austria.html?id=282

3) interior strawbale-wall (normally directly plastered on the inside) with
an outside construction (wood or plaster on plaster-boards)

4) system GREB (France), as can be seen detailed on french websites

5) CST-system (Cellule Sous Tensions) by Tom Rijven, as is described in his
book (Between Earth and Straw) and on his website

6) StrohTec-system, which we established in 1999 and was built in Austria
and Germany more than 100times the last ten years in variations, a classical
infill-system, strawbales between posts, covered with structural boards or
diagonal wood on both sides of the posts/beams
typical example:
http://www.baubiologie.at/europe/austria/austria.html?id=120
or
http://www.baubiologie.at/europe/austria/austria.html?id=268

7) a new modular system called system|haus|bau, which we developed last year
as you can see on:
http://www.systemhausbau.at
or
http://www.baubiologie.at/europe/austria/austria.html?id=309

8) The Modcell-system in UK is another modular system, which uses cellulose
or strawbale as an infill-insulation-material, but there are not many
details available...

Mit lieben Grüßen
Herbert Gruber
--
asbn - austrian strawbale network
Österreichisches Netzwerk für Strohballenbau