[Strawbale] Moisture monitor, logger and alarm

Ingo Behrens ifbehrens at gmx...
Mon May 24 20:09:31 CEST 2010

Hello Norbert!

Thanks for your mail and for your work!

As you might know i've build the 1.System in Strohpolis 7Linden,
and later 4 more Systems together with a partner,
who did the programming work.

Our System was ment to monitor the relative Moisture content (rHum)
in the surrounding air of the strawbales in several deep-positions in the
wall and also in several places, so that we had a quite complex System
with an usual amount of 3X5=15 combined Sensors, rHum and T means 30 Sensors.

I'm not active any more in producing and selling the System, but
I'd like to share my experience so that you don't have to repeat our mistakes...
In order to get a clear picture, I would like to know some "intimate" technical details, see below:

- Which sensores are you using for moisture and for temperature?
- Do you connect one Channel to each sensors or are you using a Bus-System?
- Which components do you buy and which do you produce by yourself?

With friendly regards from Portugal!

Ingo

Dipl. Ing Ingo F. Behrens
Vale Rodrigo