[Strawbale] Hello everyone!

Raquel Alonso laraqueluca at yahoo....uk
Wed May 12 10:41:39 CEST 2010

Hello everyone!!!
New on this discussion and needing some info.
Me and my partner are building a straw bale and earth roof pod in Spain (north though, very wet) and are building it on chestnut posts about a meter from the ground.
My questions are:
- Do we still need drainage in the same way that if we were doing it with regular foundations?
- Are mice and other little animals able to get up there and munch on the hay bales?
- With the earth roof, do we worry about ant colonies?

thank you all.