[Strawbale] sb house in Roumania

Rene Dalmeijer rene.dalmeijer at hetnet...
Tue Jul 20 16:43:51 CEST 2010

Dear Alex,

The SB house that I visited in 2007 is in the vicinity of Sft George (near Brasov). It is quite high up in the hills and quite speciall it had for a long time a passive ventilation system which functioned quite well until just shortly before I visited it. The project had been abandoned a year before due to lack of finances. Some years before that I was made aware of it by Erwin Schwarzmuller from Austria. As far as I can remember he was involved as architect.

I work with a factory situated near to Sft George for pre-fab wood frame elements one of the projects http://gallery.mac.com/rdalmeij#100008&bgcolor=black&view=grid I was involved in used pre-fab SB elements fabricated by them.

Basking in the sun on reclaimed land near Amsterdam
Rene Dalmeijer