[Strawbale] OSB in detail

Kurt235 at yahoo... Kurt235 at yahoo...
Tue Dec 7 23:53:31 CET 2010

Thanks for all the replies about this
complicate subject...

In wood the concentration of formaldehyd is very low,
and won´t be there for a long time.
According to Hans Ulrich Krieg from the eco-Umweltinstitut:
0,002 ppm beech
0,009 ppm oak
0,003 ppm spruce, pine
Measured after DIN V ENV 717-1
http://www.baubiologie.net/uploads/media/VDB_Formaldehyd_im_Holz_01.pdf

We don´t have to talk about fromaldehyd in naturel wood, this is not the problem.
Sorry if i confused people...just wanted to make that point clear.

It is difficult, OSB is inexpensive and very very good as a building material.
But i think it is not free from problems.
If would suggest "three-layer-panels" Dreischichtplatten
Yes they are more expensive, but what is your price for your healthy???

About isocyanate we don´t know so much yet.
The institut of building biology says
that even if you cant find isocyanate in the air, we
can find antibodies in the blood. This means that
our testing tools are less developed than our body ;)

Institut für Baubiologie + Ökologie Neubeuern IBN — Aktuelle Frage + Antwort

But as long as we are not sure, i will not use them in my home...

The question is, do we need a vapour barrier?
In the bathroom i would agree....

Baubiologie &  Umweltanalytik

Kurt Splittdorf
Sandweg 27
60316 Frankfurt am Main
Tel: 069-97609370
Fax: 069-20329852
info at baubio...

Baubiologe SIB (CH)
Baubiologe IBN (D)
Sachkundiger "Schimmelpilze in Innenräumen - Erkennen, Sanieren, Vermeiden"  TÜV
Verantwortliche Person für Fachbetriebe zur Sanierung von Schimmelschäden     TÜV

Ihr Partner für:

Schimmelpilzsanierungen,
Schadstoffe, Elektrosmog, Schimmelpilze
Beratung, Messung, Vorträge,