[Strawbale] Once again the problem with those little white insects.

forum at lamaisonenpaille... forum at lamaisonenpaille...
Wed Mar 18 21:39:21 CET 2009

Hi Rikki,

I don't remember the latin name. Some call them "plaster beetles".
No use killing them (no idea how). They come out of the walls if the
walls are moist and if there are cracks to come out through.
So:
- check out from which walls they come
- vacume one or twice a day
- check if there could be a humidity problem in those walls
- check out where the cracks are (and fill them up once the invasion is
over, so that the wall is a better insulator and will absorb less
moisture from air passing through)
Say: "thank you little beetles" (they are a 'nuisance', not a 'problem')
If they come back again after a year (in the same building) then there
defenitely is a moisture problem in straw!

Bye,
André
France