[Strawbale] SB workshops

Barbara barbara at amazonails....uk
Tue Jan 27 16:09:42 CET 2009

Hi all

To add our contribution to the talk about workshops for ‘professionals’ in
Europe:

Amazonails offers a full and comprehensive list of courses, seminars and
on-site training in all aspects of natural building particularly strawbale
building. These are suitable for the complete beginner and the more
experienced, and all our courses have just been accredited by RIBASkills
(Royal Institute of British Architects). This year’s programme will be on
our website very soon but email us if you want a list sent to you direct. We
run training courses on real building sites throughout the UK and the rest
of Europe, at our own training workshops in Todmorden, West Yorkshire, and
at other venues, covering such subjects as: build your own mini-building in
5 days: cement-free foundations; moisture in strawbale walls; introduction
to strawbale building, clay plastering, lime plastering, and many more!

We have designed loadbearing and infill houses not just in the UK but also
in Ireland, France, Portugal, Czech and Bulgaria.

Hopefully we will be enticing the esteemed Steens to spend a few days with
us so we can get them to talk to a wider audience and show them some of our
recent work, such as the largest s/b building in the UK , an 1100m² saleroom
for Sworders Ltd.Or the state of the art classroom for the National Trust at
Windermere www.strawfootprint.org <http://www.strawfootprint.org/>  or our
truly affordable semi-detached loadbearing houses in Exmoor, currently under
construction.

Best wishes

Barbara

One of the strawbale houses we have been involved in, Penwhilwr in Wales,
has won the Grand Designs Ecohouse of the year award. Thank you for your
support.

amazonails
strawbale innovation
Strawbale and Sustainable Building:
Training, Design and Consultancy
Hope Mill
Crescent Street
Todmorden
OL14 5HA

Tel: 0044 (0)1706 814696 or 0845 458 2173
Email: barbara at amazonails....uk
Web: www.amazonails.org.uk

WARNING! Strawbale building can seriously transform your life!

  _____