[Strawbale] Climate change viewpoints

Michel Van Mulders michelvanmulders at siol...
Mon Dec 7 00:27:07 CET 2009

As surprised I was that nobody reacted on the mail and link to Lord
Monckton, straw building can be linked or not.. and as mentioned
should maybe be wiser to stick to straw issues?

The mail that followed did already not stick to straw-bale nor point
of views...
And connected to straw-bale, it is as much as economics to climate.

The munk debate is one of the very few debates that happen. It is a
fact that we seldom can see this, it is always one speech of one side
or the other.
Whatever is said, I really would like to see more debates with the now
famous "climate people" and leave the emotional speeches out. We need
clever people that can decide for us.

I always was feeling amongst the very few that would build with
natural materials mainly for other reasons then "eco"
Nevertheless environmental issues is never kept out amongst straw
builders, or is seems that this eco hype is why people should choose
for straw and natural materials.
I believe when comfort and all the other plusses of natural building
would be more put forward to the mainstream it would be much more
beneficial to all; contractors, pricing, applied technology ...
And it would simply be automatically good for the environment.

It is great that at least someone dared to put the link, ...
I really feel that the majority of the media is leaning to one side
only. And in all this debate there should be much more attention to
facts than on emotions and guessing.

I at least dare to say that I don't know and that this issue is too
complex and there are too many "experts" that deal with this, all
experts in their own field.
All also depends on the ability of an individual speaker.

My hope is that the decision makers are clever and truth will guide
them.

We are still the lucky few that maybe can build with natural
materials, if the codes will let us...and if we can keep working.

Wish you all a great day,

Michel.