[Strawbale] Climate change viewpoints

Max Vittrup Jensen max at permalot...
Sun Dec 6 18:47:27 CET 2009

Dear all,

While I was delighted to get the link to the  9 CBC Radio re-broadcast
of the George Monbiot/Elizabeth May vs Bjorn Lomborg/Lord Nigel Lawson,
none-the-least as an affirmation that there's many other issues than
straw that unites us, then I'm also seeing that it may be wiser for us
to stick more to the straw issues, especially in light of the links sent
by Donald McHardy?
Fact is that the quality and claims of those links are so offending to
quite a few of us, that it could start quite a heated discussion....kind
of like the debates going on again and again between wind power vs
nuclear issue etc.,
I'm all for debates and discussions, however am I the only one to find
these topics not to be suited for this list?

This said then I'd also like to point out the significant difference
between the moderated Munk debate with representatives of both sides
(though far from experts!), compared to the recent one-sided
link.....ahm...!

Cheers,
Max Vittrup Jensen
(and I'm just about to graduate as Msc. in Environmental Management!)