[Strawbale] SB Walls for Mushroom Farm

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo...
Sat Apr 11 22:38:36 CEST 2009

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 07:19:20 -0400, Rikki Nitzkin
<rikkinitzkin at earthlink...> wrote:

> for the mushrooms to grow he needs 75-90% Humidity inside the
> building

> how to avoid that this necessary humidity affects the walls that
> surround it.

If the mushroom growing beds were enclosed in the micro-environment of a
cloche then there should be minimal risk to SB in the walls and whatever
insulation is in the ceiling.

Assuming that mushrooms don't need light, the cloches (diverted from the
waste-stream tempered glass or polyethylene sheet draped over wire hoops)
could also be covered with moveable insulation to retain heat within the
cloches.

This should help to significantly reduce the amount of energy consumed to
condition the building interior.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom