[Strawbale] Humidity within a bale house Mushroom production

Max Vittrup Jensen max at permalot...
Tue Apr 7 13:23:30 CEST 2009

Dear all,

I can't help feeling this is an utterly wrong approach.
It seem to come from the modern perspective that any material should be
applicable everywhere for anything? (Try building an igloo in Sahara!)
Mike Macain of New Mexico had great success with a mushroom growing
house built in Creston Colorado out of papercrete. He noticed that the
sprinklersystem for a while had been spraying directly on the walls,
however rather than deteriorating it, the wall simply work as a sponge
and creates a perfect moist environment for the mushrooms; Naturally
this is aided by the amazing amount of sunshine in Crestone, which dries
out the walls from the other side...but I find you'll have similar
conditions in Spain.

Papercrete can be made as building blocks, poured in shuttering, or
simply sprayed on to a form-work. Have a look at
www.dirtcheapbuilder.com for details.
Cheers,
Max Vittrup Jensen
PermaLot Centre of Natural Building