[Strawbale] round houses

Chug. chug at strawbale-building....uk
Tue Mar 20 13:15:10 CET 2007

Hi Rikki

I have done some round L/B buildings from 4m up to 10m diameter, bigger is
easier with less curving/shaping of bales
for the roofplate you can either bend 4" or 6" x 1" inch thick (100mm or
150mm x 25mm) timber to shape and double it up overlapping the joins for
strength and then clad in plywood,
or make a standard roofplate by connecting short sections of timber with
angled edges to make a sixteen (or more) sided shape which roughly follows
the circle shape and then clad in plywood.
I have also seen a poured concrete version too, but I suspect like most of
us you would wish to steer clear of concrete

bale on
Chug
chug at strawbale-building....uk
http://www.strawbale-building.co.uk/