[Strawbale] SB fire

Chug. chug at strawbale-building....uk
Wed Jan 31 11:51:37 CET 2007

Hiya all

please excuse this general message but I'm sending this out on my mailing
list and would hope that some of you could do the same please.

cheers
Chug
chug at strawbale-building....uk
http://www.strawbale-building.co.uk/
.
Caroline Barry's well known SB home in Somerset burned down on the 23rd of
January in a devastating fire
under what the fire brigade have described as suspicious circumstances, the
SB wall was the only thing left standing.
Caroline is presently living with her son until she can get her caravan
sorted and move back onsite but
true to Caroline's nature she is already planning on rebuilding her home but
will have to start from scratch,
and will have to go through planning saga again with an 8 week wait!
any offers of help, donations etc would be most welcome and fund raising has
been started and there will be
a website http://www.rebuildmyecohome.com/ online soon.
Caroline has been very active in promoting SB building over the years and as
many of you will know has already
been through a series of planning appeals over several years and has fought
hard to get permission to live in her home.