[Strawbale] this list
fieryx at hotmail...
Mon Oct 31 19:43:49 CET 2005
Well, I'm not long in from my first plastering venture and just had a well
needed shower - in fact I should perhaps have a second one!
fyi fwiw I'm plastering up a garden shed/office I've been building over the
last 3 months or so - 6m x 7m.
Things I've learned this afternoon (evening)
1. don't plaster in the dark!
2. don't mix too much as you may not be able to use it.
3. trim the straw properly first - I think it takes more chainsawmanship
than I thought
4. the plaster takes a *lot* of mixing before slapping it onto the straw.
5. good strong rubber gloves are essential.
Hi Chug...I'm the git from Guildford that bailed out on you at the last
minute a few weeks back (father-in-law funeral), so grovelling apologies
Tomorrow (if the plaster is still on the wall) I can perhaps make some more
progress. Any tips would be appreciated as I need all the help I can get
More information about the Strawbale