[Strawbale] Waterproofing bathrooms, circular buildings and other questions

Chug. chug at strawbale-building....uk
Mon Oct 31 10:31:00 CET 2005

Hi Ruth

El lupo the huff n puff staw wolf has answered some of your questions already but here goes,
1. same as wolfie and I have seen plywood sheets on stud work then tiled over as well.

2. You have what are termed 'permitted development rights', roughly it means  if you are not living in it and it is more than 5m
from any existing dwelling and is no more than 4m to highest point of the roof  IIRC, it doesn't need Planning permission full
details http://www.odpm.gov.uk/index.asp?id=1144640#P101_18228

3. I have built a 3.5m internal size (4.5m external) for an infant school playground in solihull.
http://www.strawbale-building.co.uk/solihull.JPG

4. Again I agree with El lupo's comment that you do need so much glass when you have good insulation like straw bale walls.

bale on
Chug
chug at strawbale-building....uk
http://www.strawbale-building.co.uk/