[Strawbale]straw woof insulation??
duncan at lithgow-schmidt...
Tue May 31 17:39:40 CEST 2005
Brand J.H.J. wrote:
>We are starting a small new ecovillage in the Vosgues region in France. we
>bought beautifull land with a farm on it. Of course that house is poor
>insulated. One of my first thougths is to insulate at least the roof and
>some other parts with strawbales.
Which solution to your roof insulation works best depends on many things:
- How much space is there and how regular is the space
- How exposed the space is to moisture, both from inside and outside
- How much weight the existing framing can carry
Give us some more info on the things above and we'll give you better advice.
Generally your options are:
- blown insulation. Straw, popcorn, celulose fibre, polystyrene waste ...
- sheet insulation. Glass/ rock insulation, wool insulation, mixed fibre ...
More information about the Strawbale