[Strawbale]Mailing list

Jan Hollan jhollan at amper....muni.cz
Mon Mar 7 17:39:42 CET 2005

Reading quickly the messages in this thread, I checked what is visible
currently when people click the listinfo address given at the end of the
each message,
             More info on this list...

Evidently, this is the very place where important URLs to other sites,
like forums, could be given. List's admins can enter it there, at present
it's Simon and me, Simon is surely better suited to judge which ULRs
should be good.

Interesting topics appearing at other sites (like existing and new fora)
would surely be nice to be mentioned in the present mailinglist, to inform
the current members.

There is always an alternative to reading posts in your mailbox, namely
going to the list's archive, with a variety of options to read it.

It gets spoiled partly each time when mailman is renewed, seems it
happened on Feb 21 (means I ran dselect to update the installation). Just
now I've restored the concerned file HyperArch.py to the desired state. Of
course, I had to do that on Feb 21 already...

I also urge everybody to include just the really necessary parts of posts
you reply to. You can easily enter some URL of the whole old posting your
are replying to, if it's not simply the preceding one and the future
readers could be helped this way (there are two URLs, an immediately made
one within the pipermail archive, and a midnight-made one in the Mhonarc
archive, http://amper.ped.muni.cz/strawbale/a).

cheers,
 jenik