: [Strawbale]ethical question?

c'Lanne moroney cam at dds...
Thu Mar 3 11:47:31 CET 2005

valentina

i agree with chug's idea that some form of non-currency exchange can lower
the professional fee - what about the possibility of using the house/land
as a retreat spot for yourself. i have this arrangement witha 'client' in
belgium and it works well, especially if its a second home.
another idea would be, depending on your knowledge and experience as a
straw-baler, to hold workshops, charging a nominal fee to cover food and
board and extra as a contribution towards the fee.... i dont usually agree
with the notion of enthusiasts paying for the opportunity to build someone
elses' house but if its a question of nominal payment, and a good exchange
of knowledge, then in balance, it can be argued ethically ...

good luck.

c'Lanne moroney