[Strawbale]Re: bales on the side

Mark Bigland-Pritchard // Low Energy Design hyphen at dial....com
Sat Jan 8 17:31:46 CET 2005

The problem with this is that - as the ORNL team found - any gap between
bale and cladding (whether that is a poorly-keyed plaster layer or
timber or plastic or whatever) is likely to enable convection currents
to sabotage the otherwise good performance of the bales.  At least, this
is the case if there is any sort of gap at the top of the wall - and
bales settle....

Mark