[Strawbale]rammed earth in NL

adriaan van sandwijk sandwijk at home...
Thu Jan 27 13:22:09 CET 2005

on 27-01-2005 11:58, Arno van Haren at arnovanharen at wanadoo... wrote:

> Doing what with this earth?
>
> Arno van Haren

I suspect that rammed earth is the method of constructing walls with dry
earth: a casing with wooden planks is made like when jou are about to pour
concrete, the casing is then filled with layer after layer of earth, each
carefully packed together by ramming them with heavy tools specially made
for this job. The result is a sturdy thick wall that in dry climates kan
stand for thousends of years. I beleive this methode was widely spread in
ancient china. Or am I totaly wrong?

greatings Adriaan

p.s. I know of no projects of this kind anywhere but I am interested to hear
more about it.