[Strawbale]Fire Testing on SB walls

echoventures at vodafone....nz echoventures at vodafone....nz
Wed Sep 22 15:48:26 CEST 2004

Help,

I'm building a SB house in Hungary and after getting permission for a wooden framed cob house and applying for the modification of the building permit to Sb walls, I have been turned down on the grounds of fire risk.
Does anyone know of any certificates, tests or publications which documents fire testing on strawbale walls in Europe and where I might find them?  American/Canadian tests are no good for the building department here.  Or any loopholes to get around this law?

Thanks,

Marcus