[Strawbale]Fire Testing on SB walls

Oliver Swann oliver at greenhamlet...
Wed Sep 22 16:17:24 CEST 2004

Hi Markus,

I've bought land in Hungary in the Orseg National Park to build in SB
and other types of natural buildings. I have a contact there with
experience of straw bale building. Write to me at Oliver at greenhamlet...
and I'll pass on his details. He may be able to help you.

You could also contact North Yorkshire Planning Authority. They approve
straw bale plans for other authorities in the UK having approved a major
SB build in Darlington.

I'd love to hear more about your plans.

Regards,

Oliver

-----Original Message-----
From: strawbale-admin at amper....muni.cz
[mailto:strawbale-admin at amper....muni.cz] On Behalf Of
echoventures at vodafone....nz
Sent: 22 September 2004 14:48
To: strawbale at amper....muni.cz
Subject: [Strawbale]Fire Testing on SB walls

Help,

I'm building a SB house in Hungary and after getting permission for a
wooden framed cob house and applying for the modification of the
building permit to Sb walls, I have been turned down on the grounds of
fire risk.
Does anyone know of any certificates, tests or publications which
documents fire testing on strawbale walls in Europe and where I might
find them?  American/Canadian tests are no good for the building
department here.  Or any loopholes to get around this law?

Thanks,

Marcus

    European strawbale building discussion list

Send all messages to:
Strawbale at amper....muni.cz

Archives, subscription options, etc: