[Strawbale]Strawbale digest, Vol 1 #358 - ascii only please

Rene Dalmeijer rene.dalmeijer at hetnet...
Tue May 11 16:41:24 CEST 2004

Please send emails to the list in plain ascii and not html
The list server scrambles HTML encoded mails to such a degree that they
become un readable. Besides it also save bandwidth because HTML encoding
can add as much as 100% overhead to the mail. If you use and can see fancy
fonts and or backgrounds you are using HTML encoding all mail programs
allow you to switch off HTML encoding. In general sending ascii only mail
to news groups is appreciated by all as it save bandwidth for all the
participants and finally makes searching through the mails when archived
much easier.

Below is the scrambled result of an HTML encoded mail sent to me in the
digest format via the server. In the past I used to take the trouble of
deciphering such messages now I tend to skip over them whatever the topic.
At 07:36 AM 5/11/04, you wrote:
>s=3DMsoNormal style=3D"MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><SPAN lang=3DEN-GB style=3D"F=
>ONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-ansi-language: EN-GB; mso-bidi-fo=

Rene Dalmeijer