[Strawbale]strawbale buildings in wet climat conditions

pm.walraven at home... pm.walraven at home...
Thu Jun 17 11:13:31 CEST 2004

Beste Rob,

Ik overweeg in de toekomst zelf een stro-woning te bouwen.
Momenteel ben ik mezelf aan het orienteren op deze bouwmethode.
Ik heb een langdurige bouwkundige achtergrond en heb interesse om
met dit concept zelf iets te gaan ondernemen.

Weet jij of er boeken zijn of documentatie met (standaard)-detaillering
of adviezen voor raam-aansluitingen, draag-constructie en dergelijke.

Hi Rob,

I´m considering building a house in the nearby future.
Dou you know if there is documentation or books with
conctruction-, door and window details.

Piet Walraven

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: strawbale-admin at amper....muni.cz
[mailto:strawbale-admin at amper....muni.cz]Namens ramstrobouw
Verzonden: woensdag 16 juni 2004 23:32
Aan: Strawbale at amper....muni.cz
CC: cocoonlochaber at hotmail...
Onderwerp: [Strawbale]strawbale buildings in wet climat conditions

dear Chris,

Is is good to consider about problems who will eventualy arise. They can
occur during the building of the walls (rainfall) and time needed for the
stucco's to get dryed, exposure to rain sides..
The issue is not to get water into (on top of) the walls were it can stay
for longer periodes.
Several possibility's to protect the wall from outside, as long as you have
a ventilation in between.
How will be the behavior of heating during wet seasons?
As long as you keep the wall-concept breathable, 'vapour-open' (?) and
protected from any water penetreting into the walls (and accumulating
there), with what kind of protection so ever on the outside (wood is
regainable), to me seems the strawbale concept anywhere applyable. Any
insulation material shouldn't get wet. But you have to choose for the
concept first and balance it with other possibility's.
You can even prefabricate your walls under dry conditions.

As builders, we have some experience in Holland collected.
You can question us more if you need to and see our website (although it  is
not up to date anymore, whe rather have to work on it....)

greetings,
RAMstrobouw

Rob Kaptein
Monnikensteeg 103-F
6823 AA Arnhem
T 026-3893405
F 026- 3893619
www.ramstrobouw.nl

    European strawbale building discussion list

Send all messages to:
Strawbale at amper....muni.cz

Archives, subscription options, etc: