[Strawbale] RE: Spain

Matthias Boer mboer at eeza....es
Thu Oct 16 10:22:01 CEST 2003

Hi Hedwig, information on SB building in Spain is scarce at the moment. In
Spain, strawbales are not officially recognised as a building material, so
SB builders tend to keep a low profile.
So far, we've heard about a small house in the Pyrenees (Catalonia) by Rikki
Nitzkin (see http://sbregistry.greenbuilder.com/search.straw?lcou=Spain),
seen a local newspaper article on a small house in Navarra, and some years
ago GEA had an article on a carpenters workshop in Mallorca. We are nearly
finished (..) with a SB house (post and beam structure) near Cabo de Gata
(SE Spain). and we know of a couple in Valencia who just started with a
small non load-bearing cabin. That's more or less what we know. You can find
some details on our project at the sbregistry web site, or can contact us
directly if you would like further information.

Matthias Boer & Isabel Cueva
Nijar (Almeria) - Spain