[Strawbale] waterproofing the bathroom

SVEN AERTS aertssven at mac...
Tue Jan 21 03:10:40 CET 2003

Isn't a valid remark either:
- in 'normal' houses water also poses a matter of attention
- so either you go as mentioned below
- either you go to a specialized crafts-man/shop, ask him how to make a wall
waterproof, go to an exhibition/trade fair on this perhaps ... Assist them
in their work... Perhaps they'll advise you to mix a polymer in the
top-layer of clay... There are new developments all the time... And you'd be
amazed how much a phone-call to an eco-architect may result... Iso mixing
the clay with water only... Mix it with oil...and seeds to absorb the
dilatation and crimping of the wall... Give him a couple of Euros for his
advice perhaps...
- and ... Our type of houses... If there is a crack... We know how to repair
it ourselves... And it's not difficult or hard... So... Yeah... Just repair
it as soon as you can... "I prefer to have one of my kids do it for me...",
I heard someone telling me, but of course I'd never do that

--
Respectfully Yours,

Sven AERTS
Engineer for the People

Residential Address
     Louizalaan 223 b 9
     B-1050 Brussels
     BELGIUM-EUROPE
     GSM: +32 (0)485/389679
     Email: aertssven at mac...
     ICQ: 113835655

     For eco-techs & game for a better world, visit:
               http://homepage.mac.com/aertssven
Have a nice day...