[Strawbale] Re:Jumbo bales

Rene Dalmeijer rened at cistron...
Sun Aug 31 22:38:56 CEST 2003

John,

The case for Jumbo bales is rapidly gaining momentum. The recent German
convention concluded that Jumbo bales have many advantages. To loosely
quote Gernot Minke, Not going load bearing is really missing the point
because then the bales are really only a eco-friendly way of insulation. LB
is a completely different ball game and then Jumbo Bales are a real boon.

Do you still need the translation. I recently met Werner Schmidt the guy
responsible for the test. Most of the pictures I have seen of this building
just don't do justice to it is really high class architecture. Perfectly
illustrating that SB can also be a high tech solution using low tech
materials. Werner Schmidt is a very nice person. I hope to visit him soon
on location in CH.

At 07:36 AM 5/29/03, you wrote:
>Von: Huff & Puff Construction <huffnpuff at shoal....au>
> > Datum: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:13:30 +1000
> > An: "\"Herbert Gruber\"" <asbn at aon...>
> > Betreff: Re Jumbo Bales
> >
> > G 'day Herbert
> >
> > Would you be able to translate the results of the tests that you did?
> as per
> > the URL you sent :
> >
> > http://www.baubiologie.at/belastungstest.jpg
> >
> > We have now built and consulted for several jumbo bale buildings.
> >
> > I attach a photo of our latest two jumbo bale, one is the winery and the
> > other is the house we are currently building.

Greetz,

Rene Dalmeijer