AW: [Strawbale] fire

Hannes Hohensinner hh at grat...
Wed Apr 2 11:12:21 CEST 2003

Dear Rikki!

We tested a strawbale wall (Wooden frame construction with straw bales) with
inside clay plaster and outside lime plaster. The result was 90 minutes fire
resistance. Have a look at www.grat.at and go to "Publikationen". You can
find the test certificate under "Wandsystem aus Nachwachsenden Rohstoffen",
go to "Anhang" for download as pdf file. It is in German, but the
characteristics of the wall are shown in some diagramms.

best regards
Hannes

Dipl. Ing. Hannes Hohensinner
Gruppe Angepasste Technologie (GrAT)/TU Wien
Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8-10
A-1040 Wien
www.grat.tuwien.ac.at

  -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
  Von: strawbale-admin at amper....muni.cz
[mailto:strawbale-admin at amper....muni.cz]Im Auftrag von rikki nitzkin
  Gesendet: Montag, 31. März 2003 13:12
  An: strawbale at amper....muni.cz
  Betreff: [Strawbale] fire

  Can someone please direct to  where I can find info. on the resistance of
earth plastered SB wall to fire?

  love , RIKKI

  "you´ll end terrorism when there´s no longer anything for anybody to get
pissed off about."

  "save one life and it´s as if you have saved the whole world; destroy one
life and it´s as if you had destroyed the whole world."