[Strawbale] Strawbale roof insulation

Mark and/or Jan Bigland-Pritchard hyphen at dial....com
Thu Sep 19 01:00:59 CEST 2002

Alex Ian New wrote:

> >  (perhaps the
> >pyrethroid which can stop the moth attack cannot be added in a dry
> >process)
>
> Aren´t pyrethroids those superpersistent supertoxines, that make you tear
> down the whole house when you ever want to get rid of them,  in contrast to
> natural permethrin, or do I confuse things here?
>
> Can I expect to find pyrethroids in any comercial wool product unless it´s
> certified organic?
>
> yours, Alex

Dunno - I thought pyrethroids were relatively benign (pyrethrin being a
"natural insecticide" extracted from a plant in the daisy family which
grows in the rift valley of East Africa).
But CAT acknowledge a problem in using British fleeces, resulting from
the use of organophosphates in the sheep dip (whether for all
non-organic sheep I don't know but it was certainly still normal
practice a few years ago).
Mark