AW: [Strawbale] testing subgroup

Hannes Hohensinner hh at grat...
Fri Nov 22 15:53:36 CET 2002

Dear Chug, dear Andre dear straw bale building community,

At the esbn Gathering in April this year, we (GrAT = Center for Appropriate
Technology at the Vienna University of Technology) proposed to organise and
to host the subgroup technical research (tests and new constructions).
As a first step we launched a mailing list for the subgroup, to focus the
discussion on testing and construction issues. This would allow us on the
one hand to discuss spezific issues in a smaller group of experts and on the
other hand the main mailing list will not be overloaded with very detailed
discussions.
This e-mail list is now redesigned and much easier to manage and to use.
Anyone who is interessted can susbcribe at
http://www.htu.tuwien.ac.at/mailman/listinfo/esbn-techresearch

The second step was to send the results of the esbn workshop on testing and
new constructions to the list members, those who subscribed at the
gathering. This mail also included a to-do-list concerning future testing
and available test results.

These activities were meant to bring up all available test results and
certificates and to prevent redundant research and testing. Unfortunately
this message didn`t get through.

Concerning the question of Chug and the e-mail of André, I want to stress
that we (GrAT) have proposed to install and host this mailling list, because
it was common sense at the gathering that such a platform for specific
discussions on tests and new constructions is necessary and would support
and spread strawbale building in Europe. We still believe, that such a
platform will support straw bale building and invite all straw bale building
experts to discuss tests and new constructions, to share information on
existing test results and to build up a data base of existing test
certificates.

What we cannot do is to keep a mailing list alive, if nobody is using the
list.

So I can only repeat, that the offer is still available and the mailing list
will be hosted by us.  So feel free to use it!!!

Best regards

Hannes

Dipl. Ing. Hannes Hohensinner
Gruppe Angepasste Technologie (GrAT)/TU Wien
Wiedner Hauptstrasse 8-10
A-1040 Wien
www.grat.tuwien.ac.at