[Strawbale] Homemade baler box

Harald und Margit Wedig avantgarden at wxs...
Mon Nov 11 17:57:09 CET 2002

chug. wrote:

> Greetings Bale believers,
> can anyone help? I have seen a picture on a website somewhere of a
> homemade baling box with a long arm which people hung on to comprees
> the straw into bales, but I cannot seem to remember or find the site
> where I saw this.
> Regards Chug.

Hello Chug,
here is a german webside that shows a more sophisticated manual press
(picture, left).
http://www.kinzler-gmbh.de/presstechnik/handystech.htm
It consist mainly of a stout box that can be opened to one side and a
steel spindle, like that of a wine press.
Besides straw you can press pretty tough stuff with it, like heather,
chapperal, macchia, cardboard or empty plastic bottles ( good place to
harvest those: whirlpools of mexican or balkan rivers;-) for ground
walls.
Harald