[Strawbale] 'sliding' ring beam

Coralie & Andre de Bouter m.ep at laposte...
Fri May 17 11:38:28 CEST 2002

Dear Barbara,

I read one of your comments on the 'sliding' ring beam. Did I understand correctly that you only use posts where you need them for doors and windows? And that the ringbeam slides over those posts so that the bales can be put under compression?

The principle of combining post and beam with compression is something I find most interesting of all the SB techniques we've seen in our travels. (while trying to minimize the amount of wood for the posts)

Could you sent me a little sketch of the detail where the posts meet the ringbeam?

Bye,
Andre