[Strawbale] Strawbale volunteering in North Yorkshire

Barbara Jones strawbale at lineone...
Tue Jun 11 01:36:39 CEST 2002

Dear All

Amazon Nails-Strawbalefutures would like to invite you to join them as a
volunteer on a large building project in North Yorkshire, where we are
building a residential Children's Farm. Foundations are of rammed earth car
tyres, the walls are loadbearing strawbale with lime plaster and the roof is
a simple natural living roof design. The project will begin on July 1st with
preparing the foundations, we expect the straw work to begin around the 10th
July, and work will continue until the end of August. There may be further
volunteering possibilities after that.
You will be given food and accomodation in caravans on site in return for
work on the project from 9-5pm each day (bale-frenzy permitting!), Monday to
Friday. There will be some organised or informal activities during evenings
and weekends for those who stay for longer periods.
Due to the nature of the project, volunteers must commit to a minimum of 5
days, beginning on a Monday of any week. The only exceptions to this are
those who have already been on training courses run by Amazon Nails.
You will receive on-site training and supervision from Barbara Jones and Bee
Rowan of Amazon Nails. Other projects we have organised have been very
successful, lots of fun, and created a feeling of empowerment amongst those
who have attended. We look forward to your participation!
Please contact Barbara or Bee at this email address or on 00 44 (0)1706
814696
( for contact between 11th June to 20th June either leave a message on this
mobile number: 0772 071 6589 or ring 00 353 94 65748 after 7pm)

Thanks,
Barbara

Amazon Nails: Strawbale building, training, consultancy, empowerment.
                   www.strawbalefutures.org.uk
Building With Straw Bales by Barbara Jones £9.50 post-free from Amazon Nails
or from Green Books
    Warning! Strawbale building can seriously transform your life!