[Darksky] [magnitude6] Batlamp - the ultimate LED streetlight for protecting the night sky?

Jan Hollan jhollan at amper.ped.muni.cz
Mon Oct 1 21:20:30 CEST 2012

> Innolumnis has published the Bat lamp with monochromatic amber LED
> light:

> http://www.innolumis.nl/Batlamp/Innolumis_Batlamp_ENG.pdf

> The advantage is, that it can be dimmed over a large range.

I've put the illuminance plots and luminous intensity tables to
  http://amper.ped.muni.cz/light/ies2/innolumis/

It appears that the luminaire might be not bad for spacing 4 and less.
However, it is not 0 cd/klm, being 0,7 cd/klm at 90 degrees for one
direction. This should be improved before we recommend it. Sure it is
either a bug in measurement, or trivial imperfectness to correct.

The four wattages in the directory seem to have exactly same luminous
intensity distribution shapes.

best regards,
  Jenik (http://amper.ped.muni.cz/light/declaration/ etc.)

PS. I've noticed tonight that the NPS has a real LP definition, wow! :
     http://nature.nps.gov/night/light.cfm