[Darksky] Declaration from Bielsko-Biala

Jan Hollan jhollan at amper.ped.muni.cz
Thu Sep 20 15:19:36 CEST 2012

Dear friends,

I remember several attempts to communicate some relevant message to the
outer world, from European Symposia for the Protection of the Night Sky.
However, such messages did not say those things, which could be expected
from the concerned experts. We cannot leave to politicians and industries
to formulate what LP is and what regulations are a must.

This time a text of different kind has been approved on a symposium in
Poland.

You may support it too, in English at

   http://web77.eu/ida/

  -- some another language versions of the Declaration may appear on my
standard site, if you send them to me. A Czech one is there already.

I hope that the Declaration from Bielsko-Biala will endure your initial
doubts.

Yes, admitting that LAN is a pollutant like every other, just with many
more facettes like spectral composition and direction, that is
_difficult_. It took me a year to be OK with it. It is another
Inconvenient Truth. But accepting it, that's a prerequisite for any causal
therapy.

Please feel free to spread the whole Declaration as much as possible.

yours,
  Jenik, http://amper.ped.muni.cz/light/declaration/ etc. etc.

                              Jan Hollan, Ph.D.

CzechGlobe - Global Change Research Centre of the Acad. Sci. Czech Rep.

AdMaS - Advanced Materials, Structures and Technologies Centre of the Brno
University of Technology

 			           home:
Lipová 19, 602 00 Brno                         fix. +420 5 43 23 90 96
                             mob. +420 606 073 562

              volunteer of the Ecological Institute Veronica
Panská 9, 602 00 Brno, Czechia                  http://www.veronica.cz

e-mail: hollan at ped.muni.cz              http://amper.ped.muni.cz/jenik