[Darksky]Re: [magnitude6] International Workshop (fwd)

Jan Hollan
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:32:39 +0200 (CEST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:22:28 +0200 (CEST)
From: Jan Hollan <jhollanAamper....muni.cz>
To: Jan Hollan <jenikAamper....muni.cz>
Subject: Re: [magnitude6] International Workshop

Fabio,

I will definitely come for the whole meeting, I can speak on any topic you
would consider as appropriate. Of course, it would be like bringing wood
into the middle of the forest... (a Czech proverb). Perhaps a note on the
even lower influence of the steep-upward going light to the sky luminance,
than your drafts suggest (due to the mostly forward-directed scattering).

I will bring the Cologne (http://www.uni-koeln.de/symposium2002)
proceedings with me, but any main lecture on the health effects should be
given by a doctor of medicine, not by a physicist...

I still try to get some other people to be sent to Frascati by our
Ministry (I hope they will finance my trip), but nobody has responded yet
that she/he would like to attend. I'll try to move the leading Czech
environmental lawyer to come -- the key person who could influence
the future development in our country.

jenik

PS. I'm afraid there has been a deadline already, so consider please this
letter as both my application and its confirmation... I could come for
more days, if it would suit you.