[Darksky]THES on the light pollution (fwd)

Jan Hollan
Mon, 27 May 2002 19:27:33 +0200 (CEST)

Dear friends of good outdoor lighting,

the article kindly prepared by Nick for The Times Higher Education Supplement

has appeared in its current edition. It is not accessible freely, as I
found out when trying the get its URL from the http://www.thes.co.uk --
however, I found another interesting quote from today news, May 27:

   Darkness is good for children
   Spending time in the dark helps children develop their imagination,
   argues University of Kent sociology professor Frank Furedi. (The Times
   T2)

-- such a merit of darkness did not occurred to me yet, it's quite
convincing. Seeing always something, with some relief coming just when the
eyelids are closed, really makes any trip to the realm of phantasy
rather uneasy.

Subscribers of the THES can of course get the whole article, there is a
possibility of a free online access for a fortnight, and as I've used it
today, the URL of the article given below (with the kind permission of the
Foreign Editor regarding this mailinglist) appeared to be
 http://www.thes.co.uk/current_edition/story.asp?id=11957

I am really happy that the URL to more info on the Czech law appeared at
the bottom of the article, thanks a lot to the publishers.