[Darksky]ies files made readable (fwd)

Jan Hollan
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 19:24:26 +0100 (CET)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 19:22:28 +0100 (CET)
From: Jan Hollan <jhollanAamper....muni.cz>
To: DarkSky-listAyahoogroups...
Cc: OutdoorLighting-ForumAyahoogroups...
Subject: ies files made readable

To be able to pick up the FCO ones (or even another cutoff categories)
from many *.ies files, I wrote a simple programme ies2tab (perhaps this
name is already in use, I may rename it). It can output a single line of
information on each photometric file, or write complete data into a table
(even if with long lines, sometimes). It can also classify the cutoff
type.

A simple script then makes separate overview files for data
representing FCO luminaires, Fully Shielded ones (with no limit on
luminance below 90 degrees, if I am not mistaken), CIE-cutoff etc.

The programme, scripts (bash, for linux) and some data are available
in the http://amper.ped.muni.cz/light/ies2 directory. From the post-top
luminaires of the producers given at the
   Linkname: Post Top - Period - darksky.org
 belong to the FCO category. They are listed in the aal subdirectory,
including the original ies data (please inform me, if this is not legal or
obeying the netiquette). For GE Salem, TRCR version, the photometric data
are not contained in the standard large ge's zip file, so I don't have
them. For McGraw Edison, of the three available UTD Dayform Traditionaire
data files the best one has been IES-CutOff.

Jenik Hollan

PS.
 as all my programmes, also this one is included in the
http://astro.sci.muni.cz/pub/hollan/programmes directory, where are also
the needed Pascal units, if you would like to translate it yourselves.
It is a first draft, with an uncommented source text.