[Darksky]Towers of Light: in [DSLF] Digest Number 443 (fwd)

Jan Hollan
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:14:53 +0200 (CEST)

Please help to avoid the most inappropriate memorial to the thousands of
victims of Sept. 11, 2001.

The discussion in the forum concerns now that immediate threat to
sustainability and our goals. If the awful idea of the skyward beams gains
support and will be accepted and praised by most of the New Yorkers and
American nation in general, the education on light pollution and promising
development in many regions will be damaged. Such an evil paradigm should
never come into existence.

The idea of Towers of Light is published at
  http://www.creativetime.org/towers/
 Looking at it with a browser like lynx, you will see an offer like
   [prpl.gif] Please give us your feedback
   If you support Towers of Light please click here and explain why >
   If you object to Towers of Light please click here and explain why >
 near the bottom.

With my netscape4, the possibility to express your objections is not
visible. So, if you would be willing to write a few lines them, please use
the address
   Linkname: If you object to Towers of Light please click here and
          explain why >
  Subject : Concern
  towersAcreativetime...

An overview of yesterday reactions of DSLF members (one of them became a
member just because of this concern) follows, you might choose to study it
before you write.

peaceful skies,
Jenik Hollan