[Darksky]Malta

Jan Hollan
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 10:40:46 +0100 (CET)

Apart from the whole Maltian
    Linkname: !! Environment Protection Department: Discussions

(fw by Jenik)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 10:29:50 -0600
From: "keedosA..." <keedosAearthlink...>
To: pa-lightsAegroups..., NELPAGAharvee....ma.us,
     OutdoorLighting-ForumAegroups...

Dear Everyone,

The Malta Environment Forum Alexei refers to could help launch a united,
international campaign to wipe this little island off of nighttime
satellite images.  Imagine the energy savings that means. The lighting
examples and practices generated to accomplish this could apply anywhere
on the planet. Everyone involved would be better prepared for similar
action.

NASA might even help if we ask. This is their latest image of
'energy-waste disease':
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0011/earthlights_dmsp_big.jpg>