Re: [magnitude6] costs (fwd)

> > could you please write to the magnitude6 forum a couple of lines on
> > investments and paybacks of retrofitting in Frosinone? So that it would be
> > apparent even for people not reading much Italian.
> >
> > (Technologies: fixtures, dimming would be also of interest, but costs are
> > now most important argument for me. Thursday morning the Czech Senate will
> > say a final word on the fate of the Czech anti-LP law and costs claimed by
> > the Czech lighting lobby as high are an argument that it should be
> > rejected.)

> _Dear Jenik,
>
> sorry for delay but I have some problems with my server.
> About the retrofitting in Frosinone I can send you a paper because I have
> not a version of data to send you by mail.
> If you want tell me your postal address and I will send you all.
>
> best regards and dark skies
>
> Mario Di Sora
>
> IDA's Italian Section

Dear Mario,

maybe I have already the document you mean: three pages, available on your
web pages as well, scanned and named Frosinoneut0#.jpg (# being 1 to 3)
(I attach the first page only, halved in size compared to the images Fabio
sent me).

I will surely read it thoroughly, in spite of not knowing Italian (I
already think I should learn it for our anti-LP job's sake), but

 a couple of English sentences on the Frosinone success you would
 publish at least on magnitude6

would be helpful. They could appear on the English version of your pages
afterwards, of course.

I believe that such win-win examples from people directly involved are
crucial to convince not only Czech representatives, but New York state
ones and others as well.

To the ill-minded theoretical considerations how impossible and
impractical the use of FS luminaires
 (Fully shielded, as defined in the IDA Outdoor Lighting Code Handbook,
 demanding no direct light above horizon and, for sake of simplicity and
 easiness of layman verification, no limits of distribution below
 horizon; of course FCOs and even more strict ones are preferable in
 practice)
is, a series of proofs that it is easy and effective is the best cure.

Having such a letter from you as a co-author of the wonderful Frosinone
retrofit, I could send it directly to some Representatives (they decide on
Thursday). It would make clear, that the Czech BAU lobbyists are dinosaurs
of their kind: real experts are quite another people.

clear skies,
jenik

                                Jan Hollan
              N. Copernicus Observatory and Planetarium in Brno
Kraví hora 2, CZ - 616 00 Brno                        +420 (5) 41 32 12 87

                                   home:
Lipová 19, 602 00 Brno                                         43 23 90 96

                 member of the Society for Sustainable Living
             and volunteer of the Ecological counselling Veronica
Panská 9, 602 00 Brno, Czechia                  fax:  +420 (5) 42 21 05 61

e-mail: hollan@ped....cz             http://astro.sci.muni.cz/pub/hollan