      1. regulations
           From: Susan Harder <lookout@hamptons...>
      2. Re: No Light Xmas
           From: Steve Davis <w2sgd@juno...>
      3. Re: More Response
           From: Steve Davis <w2sgd@juno...>
      4. Re: Re: No Light Xmas
           From: "John M. McMahon" <mcmahon@mail....edu>
      5. Dr. Barry Clark's new paper: Lighting & Crime
           From: kgfleming@worldnet....net
      6. TAN: No Light Xmas
           From: "John M. McMahon" <mcmahon@mail....edu>
      7. Re: THE FIVE FREEDOMS/regulations
           From: John Gilkison <jgilkiso@zianet...>
      8. Re: Re: No Light Xmas
           From: nickas <nickas@hanover...>
      9. street lighting outvoted
           From: "Roger L. Hammer" <hamme1rl@cmich...>
     10. IDA's Practical Approaches
           From: rlgent1@aol...

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:02:26 -0500
   From: Susan Harder <lookout@hamptons...>
Subject: regulations

What good does it do, for a "good" lighting designer to suggest "good" design, if the client, or their electrician
or their contractor, is free (without regulations and specifications) to do whatever they want, including firing
the "good" designer, or changing their recommendations?   We need regulations, NOW.

Susan Harder

By the way, my point was not to "attack" Mr. Reeder.  I chose not to attend the lecture, "If you light it they
will come", based on the mailer.  My comments were directed at the graphics on the mailer, which was prepared and
approved by someone at IES.  And it was abominable.

Message: 2